Monday, October 4, 2010

Blog 5

Eagle Nest Radio & Class Blog

Listening the to 3rd grades talk about Rome was very interesting and very informative. The music in the background really set the mood for the podcast. The third graders were very throughly with the subjects from Rome to Caesar and Cleopatra. You can tell they practiced before they started recording and only stumbled a few times.

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

Podcasting in the Classroom is very smart and convenient for students for example like in the video with the student who missed class she could go online and listen to the podcast and still be ready for when she goes back to school. If they use podcasting in the classroom then students don't have the excuse of not having the information. I think it is a really good idea to have podcast available to the students.

100 Ways to Use your Ipod to Learn and Study Better

I think using the Ipod for learning is great and then I think it isn't so great. I have an iTouch and I am one of those people who just use it for music because mine does not have an external speaker and I really don't want to use it for school. I know itunes has a lot of cool features that you can use for school items but I would rather use my computer. The only convenience of the ipod for school is if you are going on a trip you would have all your information on this and you can use it in a car by listening to whatever podcast you needed. I am a fan of technology but using a machine that small to see to read or look at would cause your eyesight to weaken in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment