Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blog 8

Richard Miller: This is How we Dream Parts 1 and 2

At the beginning of the video it talks about how we do not have to leave our home to get research anymore anything we want can be found on the internet. When we were younger we use to use paper and pen now we take a laptop everywhere and use them for everything. Technology has taken over our way of living and we depend on it to function. If people want to get together and have a conference they don't have to spend money anymore they can just all hop on a webcam at any location anytime and have a conference now. I believe as teachers we are going to use to computers for everything. We are no longer going to need pen and paper as a school supply but computers. I think it has its advantages because if a student can not make it to class at least they may be able to login and watch and the class lecture for the day either live or at a later time. If a student didn't understand they could rewatch a lecture or subject they learned in class to help them better understand while doing homework and if you are going to be absent you can email youe homework and can not use lame excuses anymore.

The Chipper Series & EDM310 for Dummies

Okay so the Chipper Series.... not going to lie it made sense but I will never name my child Chipper after watching and hearing the video. The video did make a lot of good points about procrastination but this class is no joke... you have to commit your entire life to it.

I really wish they had a EDM310 for Dummies book that might make my life a little easier and help me understand this class a whole lot more. I thought I was computer and tech savy but this class made me realize I was not and makes me feel really dumb. If they had a book of some sort to relay to I bet students might feel a little more at ease. I know I know we are suppose to using the way of the future but a textbook may be the answer. Something to think about

No comments:

Post a Comment