Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blog 7

As I was watching Randy Pausch "The Last Lecture" I began to think about my childhood dreams and notice that I really didn't do anything I wanted except move to another state. Randy lived out everyone of his dreams and made sure about it. The drive he had was very noticeable and he was always stepping up to the challenges and "brick walls" in his way. He did not let anything defeat him and he never gave up. He wanted to no pity for what was happening to him at the time and just really wanted to live life.


I was very jealous that he got to work for Disney because that is something I have always thought would be a neat job. I have always wanted to work at Disney and sort got a chance to for a brief moment. It was not a paying gig but the summer before my Senior year in high school the marching band was invited to march in the afternoon parade at Magic Kingdom. We got to go behind the scenes line up for the parade and march down Main Street with the Disney characters. That I guess you can say was my brief... very brief free work at Disney.

I throughly enjoyed watching the video and realized the other day when I was shopping at Target that he also had a book by the same name. I believe I am going to purchase it and find out more about him. He was full of life and had plenty of personality for an entire room and I think that is amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Randy Pausch was so inspiring-- I am glad that you seemed to appreciate his values as much as I seemed too.

    ReplyDelete